If you are looking for breathable, light and pierce-proof footwear to wear at work, then I recommend S1P safety shoes.
In this article I will answer the most frequently asked questions about S1P safety footwear, to help you find the perfect product for you needs!
In what cases should S1P shoes be used?
- If you work outdoors and there is no risk of liquid splashes
- If you work indoors, for example in a warehouse, and the risk of liquid splashes is low
- You need breathable safety footwear
- You need pierce-proof soles
What standards do S1P safety footwear comply with?
S1P safety shoes comply with the UNI EN ISO 20345 = shoes equipped with toecaps, which protect the wearer from impacts and crushing, with resistance to energies up to 200J and to pressure loads of at least 15kN.
S1P safety shoes have all the basic properties of SB shoes (base safety), plus:
- Closed heel region
- Shock-absorption in the heel area
- Resistance to the contact with hydrocarbon
- Pierce-proof plates in the soles (they have the “P” marking)
What other properties can S1P shoes have?
S1P safety shoes can also have additional properties (mostly required in specific sectors), along with the corresponding marking. The most frequent ones are:
- CI = “Cold Insulation”
- ESD = “Electrostatic Discharge”. ESD shoes are not designed to protect the wearer, rather the electrical equipment sensitive to electrostatic discharges
- HI = “Heat Insulation” (in the outsole)
- HRO = the outsoles can withstand the contact with very hot surfaces
It is important to select the safety shoe with the proper marking for your needs, this is a certain fact.
The S1P safety shoe must be selected if you do not have the risk of getting your feet wet, or do not work in contact with liquids.
S1P safety shoes generally have the upper part made of breathable leathers that can be suede or more or less open mesh fabrics.
Often there are more or less large perforations, in order to let the air circulate inside the shoe.
S1P safety shoes can be low shoes, ankle boots, even sandals, the sandals are equipped with large openings and therefore are absolutely the most breathable safety shoes for your feet.
As it is true that they make the foot breathe it is also true that they will not give you protection against liquids.
The other characteristic of S1P safety shoes is that these have an anti-perforation plate that prevents the entry of nails or sharp elements through the sole, thus avoiding perforations on the sole of the foot.
So to summarize select a safety shoe S1P if you work in a dry environment and if you have the risk of perforations from sharp elements on the ground.
What models of S1P safety footwear should I choose?
These are the products I suggest, if you are looking for the perfect pair of S1P shoes for your needs:
As soon as you choose your perfect pair of S1P shoes, you will be better protected and you will live a better working experience.
What do you think about S1P footwear?
S1P safety shoes. Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!