If you are looking for a pair of shoes that you can use at work throughout the year, then I recommend S2 safety shoes.
In this article I will answer the most frequently asked questions about S2 safety shoes, to help you find the perfect product for you needs!
In what cases should S2 safety shoes be used?
- In workplaces outdoors, no matter if there’s water or not
- If you want to own a single pair of safety shoes to wear throughout the year
What standards do they comply with?
S2 safety shoes comply with the UNI EN ISO 20345 = shoes equipped with toecaps, which protect the wearer from impacts and crushing, with resistance to energies up to 200J and to pressure loads of at least 15kN.
S2 safety shoes have all the basic properties of SB shoes (base safety), plus:
- Closed heel region
- Shock-absorption in the heel area
- Resistance to the contact with hydrocarbon
- Water-resistant upper
What other properties can they have?
S2 safety shoes can also have additional properties (mostly required in specific sectors), along with the corresponding marking. The most frequent ones are:
- AN = “Ankle Protection” (ankles are protected from side impacts)
- CI = “Cold Insulation”
- ESD = “Electrostatic Discharge”. ESD shoes are not designed to protect the wearer, rather the electrical equipment sensitive to electrostatic discharges
- HI = “Heat Insulation” (in the outsole)
- HRO = the outsoles can withstand the contact with very hot surfaces
- M = Metatarsal protection
- WR = the whole footwear is waterproof
What models of S2 safety shoes should I choose?
These tips should help you to find the perfect model of S2 work shoes for your needs.
As soon as you choose your perfect pair of S2 work shoes, you will be better protected and you will live a better working experience.
What do you think about S2 safety shoes?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!