If at work you need rain boots equipped with toecaps to protect your toes from potential accidents, then I recommend a pair of S4 safety boots.
In this article I will answer the most frequently asked questions about S4 work boots, to help you find the perfect product for you needs!
In what cases should S4 safety rain boots be used?
- in work environments where there are large quantities of liquids or moisture
- If you need the protection of toecaps
What standards do they comply with?
S4 safety boots comply with the UNI EN ISO 20345 = footwear equipped with toecaps, which protects the wearer from impacts and crushing, with resistance to energies up to 200J and to pressure loads of at least 15kN.
S4 safety boots are made from vulcanised rubber or through polymer injection, therefore they are class II, and have all the basic properties of SB shoes, and additionally:
- Closed heel area
- Antistatic (they are marked “A”)
- Shock absorption in the heel area
- Resistance to the contact with hidrocarbon
- Totally waterproof
What additional properties can they have?
S4 safety boots can also have additional properties (mostly required in specific sectors), along with the corresponding marking. The most frequent ones are:
- CI = “Cold Insulation”
- ESD = “Electrostatic Discharge”. ESD shoes are not designed to protect the wearer, rather the electrical equipment sensitive to electrostatic discharges
- HI = “Heat Insulation” (in the outsole)
- HRO = the outsoles can withstand the contact with very hot surfaces
- M = Metatarsal protection
What models of S4 safety work boots should I choose?
These tips should help you to find the perfect model of S4 boots for your needs.
As soon as you choose your perfect pair of S4 work boots, you will be better protected and you will live a better working experience.
What do you think about S4 safety boots?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!