For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear and at first glance they look all the same. Nevertheless, there are great differences between the different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the right kind of safety footwear for each work environment. To be specific, in this article I will tell you about safety footwear for gas stations.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety footwear is the most suited to your workplace and, in general, to your needs.
Of course it is not easy to list all risks related to your job, but the following are the most frequent.
I am sure that this article will help you choose, among the several types of safety footwear for gas stations, the most appropriate one for your needs.
- 1 Safety footwear for gas stations: type of work
- 2 The most common kinds of job in this sector are:
- 3 Safety footwear for gas stations: risks for your safety
- 4 The main risks you take if you work in a gas station are:
- 5 Safety shoes for gas stations: types of protection and required features
- 6 Safety shoes for gas stations: required products
Safety footwear for gas stations: type of work
In your line of work you’re often busy outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. The right safety shoes for your profession should protect your feet, but at the same time they should let them breathe, so a good article of waterproof safety footwear for gas stations will do its job.
There isn’t just one kind of work in this sector, and depending from the job the risks one takes are different, as well as the type of safety footwear required.
The most common kinds of job in this sector are:
• Attendant: if this is your job, the risks you take at work are several: wet feet (S3, better if also WR), gases and oil contamination, slipping (SRC), crushes in the toe area. It is advisable to use robust S3 safety footwear, possibly with a rubber sole. Rubber is the best material, but PU/PU is performing too, and in some cases provides better comfort. It is ok if the upper is made of leather, but it is necessary to keep in mind that the footwear must be waterproof (S3).
Best “WR” picks by SafetyShoesToday
• Car wash professional: in this job it is very common to get wet feet, and the best way to avoid that is to use S5, SRC polymeric boots. Such footwear will protect your feet from moisture, and prevent you from slipping. If you prefer to use shoes rather than boots, then you should use a pair of S3 safety footwear.
Best “S3” picks by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for gas stations: car wash and maintenance
• Car wash: the use of S4 polymeric boots is recommended for this work activity. Many workers in this sector wear regular S2 or S3 waterproof shoes. Moreover, you should prefer footwear without metallic components, to avoid the formation of rust.• General maintenance: the ideal product in this case is normal S3 safety footwear, the more comfortable the better. A good comfort insole, a sturdy outsole and waterproof leather are highly recommended.Safety shoes for gas stations: engines check
Best “S4” picks by SafetyShoesToday
• Engines check: it is necessary to wear comfortable safety footwear, because in this job one works in uncomfortable positions, (often on his/her knees so that an over-cap is not a bad idea). The sole should be very flexible (ideally of PU/PU or PU/TPU), and the insole comfortable. Many workers in this sector wear footwear with ESD soles (for example S3 ESD SRC).
Safety footwear for gas stations: risks for your safety
So far I talked about the different jobs in this sector; now let’s see a list of the risks your feet will have to deal with if you work in a gas station.
Of course it is not possible to mention every single risk related to this line of work, so the following are the most common. I am sure this will help you to choose the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
• You have to buy safety footwear to work, but you are not sure what properties they should have?
• You would like to have a clearer idea about the several risks related to your job?Now I am going to talk to you about the most common risks in this work environment, to help you choose the best type of safety shoes for your job.
What are the risks for your feet? And what solutions can be found on sale?
The main risks you take if you work in a gas station are:
• Wet feet;
• Very slippery floor;
• Low visibility;
• Crushes or impact on the toe area.
Safety shoes for gas stations: types of protection and required features
Almost every kind of footwear has variations that offer long-lasting safety; in this field a good pair of safety shoes for gas stations should have the following features:
• Waterproof upper (S2);
• Protective toecap;
• Reflective stripes.
In addition to that, the sole should better not be made of single-density PU; any other material is fine. The toecap can be of any material.
Safety shoes for gas stations: required products
• UNI EN ISO 20345: personal protective equipment – Specifications for safety shoes for general purpose. This kind of footwear, which is equipped with protective toecap, protects the user from impacts and crushes. The toecap can withstand forces up to 200J and pressure loads of at least 15kN.
• S3 safety shoes. Further information on S3 safety shoes here.
• S2 safety shoes
Safety shoes for gas stations: what do you think?
Those were the characteristics I recommend that you check if you are looking for your ideal article of safety footwear for gas stations.
Once you choose the right product, you will be much safer in your work environment.
I guarantee that if you wear the right pair of safety footwear for gas stations, working will become a better experience for you!
What do you think of this kind of safety shoes?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!