If you are an engineer or an architect and you need safety shoes for engineers with a classic look, then I recommend you keep reading this article.
In this article I will answer the most frequently asked questions about safety footwear for engineers, to help you find the perfect product for you needs!
In what cases should safety footwear for engineers be used?
As a rule engineers and architects should wear safety footwear and other protective equipment each time they visit a construction site or a shipyard, just like other workers. Indeed, in a construction site there’s the risk of foot injuries even if you are not performing any activity directly. For instance you may slip: everyday shoes won’t prevent this from happening, but safety shoes will.
What standards do safety shoes for engineers comply with?
Just like all regular safety footwear, safety shoes for engineers comply with the standard UNI EN ISO 20345 = “footwear equipped with toecaps, which protects the wearer from impacts and crushing, with resistance to energies up to 200J and to pressure loads of at least 15kN”.
Technical features of safety shoes for engineers:
- Classic design, so they can also be worn with a suit
- Classic colors: black or brown
- Flat soles, (few to no grooves)
- Often, for reasons of style, the toecap is made of steel or aluminum, but there are also toecaps of non-metallic materials, like composite or glass fiber
- Nowadays they are getting more and more light and flexible
- Often they’re made from high-quality leather, full-grain
- The soles are often made of single-density PU, but there are also soles of other materials such as PU/PU
- Often they are not equipped with puncture-proof midsoles, but if you visit construction sites or shipyards I strongly recommend you get a model with that protection
On the market you will find safety shoes of all types: S1, S1P, S2, S3
A quick reminder: S1 and S1P safety shoes are not liquid-resistant, but on the other hand they are the most breathable types; S2 and S3 safety footwear is liquid-resistant.
What models of safety shoes for engineers should I choose?
These tips should help you to find the perfect model of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you choose your perfect pair of safety shoes, you will be better protected and you will live a better working experience.
What do you think about safety shoes for engineers?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!