On the market there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight they look all the same. However, there are great differences between the different types, so I plan to teach you how to distinguish the right safety footwear for the various work environments. To be precise, in this article I will talk about shoes footwear for the military and the police.
- 1 I will try to show you what kind of shoes are suited to your workplace, your work environment and, in general, your needs.
- 2 Safety footwear for the military and the police: type of jobs
- 3 The main jobs in this field are:
- 4 Safety shoes for the military and the police: traffic management and controls
- 5 Safety shoes for the military and the police: the risks
- 6 The main risks in a police station or in an army camp are:
- 7 Safety shoes for the military and the police: types of protection and required features
- 8 Safety shoes for the military and the police: required products
I will try to show you what kind of shoes are suited to your workplace, your work environment and, in general, your needs.
Of course it is not possible to discuss all the risks related to your line of work, but the following are the most common.
I am sure this article will help you to choose, among the different types of safety footwear for the military and the police, the right one for your needs.
Safety footwear for the military and the police: type of jobs
In a line of work like yours, you probably often work outside. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. A good pair of safety footwear should protect you, but at the same time they should let your feet breathe, so a good article of waterproof safety footwear with the right characteristics for the military and the police will do its work.
But in this sector there is not only one job one can do. Therefore, the risks you take are different according to the job, as well as the safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs in this field are:
• Offices: in the offices there is no actual need for safety footwear; but many people who do office work need them because they also happen to carry out outdoor activities. It is then advisable to use a comfortable pair of safety shoes, in order to feel at ease wearing them even when you are in the office.
• Patrol Service: normally the basic required features are side zippers, non-metallic components, PU/PU or PU/rubber anda sole fully made of rubber. Moreover, the shoes should be comfortable and dark-colored.
Best “POLICE SAFETY BOOTS” picks by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for the military and the police: traffic management and controls
• Traffic management: in this line of work it happens often to stand for a long time, so your priorities are comfortable extensions of the upper and soles made of PU, properties related to resistance to water, typical of S3 safety shoes.
• Security controls: a regular article of metal-free S3 safety footwear is suited to this kind of tasks, but many people who do this job prefer to use the footwear typically used in patrol work, that is black-colored boots with side zippers and no metallic parts.
Safety shoes for the military and the police: the risks
So far I have talked about the main work activities of the sector. Now let’s see a list of the risks related to this line of work.
Of course it is impossible to include all the risks in the list, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this will help you to choose the perfect product for your needs.
• You must buy safety shoes in order to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
• You would like to have a clearer idea of the various risks related to your job?
Now I am going to show you what are the most common risks in this environment, to help you choose the perfect safety footwear for your job.
- What kind of risks do your feet take?
- And what solutions can be found on the market?
The main risks in a police station or in an army camp are:
• Wet feet;
• Very slippery floor;
• Low visibility;
• Hitting or crushing your toes or ankles;
• Spraining your ankle;
• Cuts (due to sharp objects);
• Contamination with liquids.
Safety shoes for the military and the police: types of protection and required features
Almost every type of shoes has versions that offer lasting protection; in this case a good article of safety footwear for the military and the police should have the following properties:
• Waterproof upper;
• Protective toecap;
• Reflector stripes;
• Puncture resistance;
• Ankle protection (AN)
• B or C CR boots;
• Cut resistance;
• Waterproof membrane.
In addition to that, the sole should be made of rubber, and the toecap of any non-metallic material. Also, a quick release system is advisable.
Best “AN” pick by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for the military and the police: required products
• UNI EN ISO 20345: personal protective equipment. Specifications for general purpose safety shoes. Equipped with protective toecap, this type of shoes protects the wearer from impacts and crushes. They can withstand forces up to 200J and pressure loads of at least 15kN.
• S3 safety footwear. More information about S3 safety shoes here;
• Safety footwear with ankle protection;
• Sturdy CR safety shoes.
Best “WR” pick by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for the military and the police. What do you think?
These were the characteristics that I suggest to check if you’re looking for the safety shoes for the military and the police suited to your needs.
Once you have chosen the right product for your job, you will be much safer and comfortable at work.
I guarantee that if you get the right pair of safety shoes or boots, working will become a better experience for you.
What do you think of this type of safety footwear?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!