On the market there is a wide choice of safety shoes, and at first sight they look all the same, although there are actually great differences among the various types. In this article my goal is to give you some advice about the best Safety shoes against hammer toe.
I will try to give you an idea of what problems can be avoided by using the right kind of safety shoes.
I am sure this article will be a big help to you so that you will be able to choose the perfect pair of Safety shoes against hammer toe for your problem.
Hammer toe is a deformation of the toes which normally is due to an overstraining of the metatarsal area of the foot. It’s a rather common diseases which mostly affects women. It causes pain, and must be treated immediately to avoid a surgical procedure. Often hammer toe isn’t the cause of the problem, rather a symptom: in most cases it is caused by bunions (Hallux valgus) or high arches (Pes cavus).
Hammer toe is a deformation which makes the toes bend forwards at the joint level, until they look crooked.
Symptoms of hammer toe
The most common symptoms are the following:
- Pain, swelling and reddening, during or right after an activity
- Inability to extend the toes completely, although moving them is possible
Safety shoes against hammer toe: recommended products
The term “hammer toe” refers to a very frequent deformity of the phalanx of the toes. Your safety shoes should have the following characteristics:
- a wide toecap: normally the widest are those made of glass fiber;
- of size Mondopoint 11 or even better 12, which normally have wider toecaps and uppers;
- made of soft leather or fabric, even knitted or crocheted
- the shoes should better have a quick closing system, such as Velcro, Lock System or Boa System, so you will be able to adjust them even several times during day’s work.
- Tight toecaps, toecaps and shoes with a flattened shape, pointy shoes and shoes made of very rigid materials (especially in the toecap area) should be avoided; you should prefer safety shoes with large toecaps and made of soft materials such as good leather or textile, to reduce the friction of the skin.
Best “WIDE SAFETY SHOES, 11 MONDOPOINT” by SafetyShoesToday
Best “EXTRA WIDE SAFETY SHOES, 12 MONDOPOINT” by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes against hammer toe> Conclusions
Those tips will help you to find the perfect type of Safety shoes against hammer toe for your problem.
As soon as you learn the ropes and you get the right safety footwear for your needs, you will experience better comfort at work.
I assure you that if you wear the right type of safety footwear you will live a better work experience.
What’s your opinion on the subject?
Safety shoes against hammer toe. Do you have anything to add?
Leave us a comment below!