The importance of safety shoes at the workplace has several reasons. Wearing safety shoes at work is extremely important, did you know that 25% of disability applications worldwide are due to injured feet? In UK over 100.000 accidents at work are reported every year, which cost the companies a lot of money.
These expenses, and the inconveniences suffered by workers, are not limited to UK. Indeed, many countries all over the world are implementing tougher policies and stricter standards in terms of work safety, so as to assure protection at the workplace. In Canada, for instance, the amount of feet injuries decreased by 60% since the use of safety shoes at work became compulsory.
- 1 The importance of safety shoes for preventing numerous types of feet injuries
- 2 Following is a list of the most common injuries that occur to feet when safety shoes are not used at work.
- 3 The importance of safety shoes to protect your feet at the workplace
- 4 Other benefits of safety shoes are the following:
- 5 Health of workers
- 6 Avoiding lawsuits
- 7 Different available security options
- 8 The importance of safety footwear derives from the following main factors:
The importance of safety shoes for preventing numerous types of feet injuries
Most people find that feet injuries derive from working in dangerous places and conditions, but there are in fact also other causes.
Following is a list of the most common injuries that occur to feet when safety shoes are not used at work.
• Crushed feet, broken bones and fingers loss. Such injuries are the most common in the construction sector, but they also occur commonly in the forestry and fishing sectors.
• Cuts to the feet. If you work in the presence of nails, blades or scrap metal and you don’t wear safety shoes, you take this risk.
• Cuts, lacerations and severed fingers are common accidents for who works with tools like chainsaws.
• Burns and contamination. These can be caused by chemicals or sprays of molten metal.
• Electric shock: this risk is higher for electricians and maintenance workers.
• Sprains and fractures can occur in any workplace, and are normally caused by work routine or bad falls.
Safety shoes at the workplace are a protection
More and more countries are embracing the mandatory safety shoes standards, in order to guarantee protection at the workplace, and thus to increase the importance of wearing safety shoes at work.
Boots and shoes with protective toecap, for example, are designed to protect the upper part of the feet. There are shoes with anti-vibration outsoles and ankle protection that provide further support. Moreover, puncture- and slip-resistant shoes are available on the market too.
With so many types of safety shoes and boots available for sale, there is no reason not to protect your feet, regardless of your work environment. Working in a place where health and safety are adequately controlled should be a priority for any worker. Be it a factory, an office, a building site or any place, health and safety should never be taken lightly. In order to guarantee maximum safety while performing your tasks you should always wear the proper safety shoes.
The importance of safety shoes to protect your feet at the workplace
Safety shoes are as important for men as for women, and wearing them can give the worker protection, in conformity with standards and laws. Anyone who works with heavy machinery, hazardous items and chemicals should wear the corresponding safety shoes, to make sure no accidents happen. Such shoes are designed to provide protection from electrical risks, slipping and chemical spills. They are equipped with slip-resistant soles, materials that protect the feet from falling objects and metallic or non-metallic protective materials, for constant protection of the toes.
Other benefits of safety shoes are the following:
Health of workers
Standing for long time is not easy, especially for workers that perform dangerous or heavy tasks. This is why it’s necessary to wear properly set and comfortable safety shoes, to provide support to the spine and a good posture. Keep in mind that wearing safety shoes not only protects from accidents at work, but it also ensures that your health is safeguarded in general. So, your overall health is another reason of the importance of safety shoes.
Safety shoes are important not only for workers, but for the company owners as well, who surely don’t want to be sued. The use of safety footwear at the workplace is part of the regulation, which should be followed at any moment, so as to prevent potential accidents. The companies should make sure that all the staff wears safety footwear when necessary, in order to avoid accidents and possible risks that may cost health, time and resources. This is another important point in the list of the reasons why wearing safety footwear is vital.
Different available security options
There are many different types of safety footwear available on the market, which makes it easier for anyone to choose the most appropriate for his or her job and needs.
Wearing the perfect article of safety footwear for your type of feet and with the right protection against the typical risks of your job will prevent accidents: of course nobody wants to get hurt while working, or even suffer permanent damage to his/her health. In order to avoid such risks it is important to follow the regulations and to wear safety footwear, whenever it is needed.
The importance of safety footwear derives from the following main factors:
• protection against physical harm
• it helps you to be comfortable at work, thanks to its properties
• it helps you to work with greater efficiency
• it gives you an extra kick in case of emergency
• it takes care of your feet
• knowing you’re protected while working increases your self esteem
• knowing you’re protected while working increases your confidence
• in most cases safety shoes look good
• in most cases safety shoes are also very comfortable
Best SAFETY SHOES selected by SafetyShoesToday
These are the main reasons of the importance of safety footwear
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will feel safer and more comfortable at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear you will live a better work experience, and you will have way less trouble at work.
What do you think about these reasons?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!