Big question.. When should safety shoes be replaced? If you use occupational safety shoes and you don’t know when it’s time to replace them, then I recommend you keep reading this article: I am going to give you a list of status indicators for safety shoes, so you can understand if your safety footwear should be replaced.
In this article you will learn how to understand whether your safety shoes need replacement or not, and I will also reccommend some products that are more durable than most!
When should safety shoes be replaced? Check the following points:
- the sole is worn, meaning that its profile has become flat (you risk to slip, bad posture and an abnormal gait due to insufficient foot support)
- the sole is cracked (liquids may infiltrate)
- the materials of the sole have become crumbly (the sole is hydrolysed)
- the materials of the upper are torn, cracked or otherwise damaged (loss of upper stability, of impermeability and of protection)
- The leather in the toecap area is torn or cracked (the toecap can move, a metallic one can rust and liquids can enter)
- you feel that the toecap is not in place (loss of the basic safety characteristics)
- you see traces of rust on the eyelets
- the inner lining is torn and it scratches your feet (you can get seriously hurt this way)
- the side zipper is blocked (loss of safety)
There are also parts which can be replaced without throwing the shoes away, that is the comfort insole and the strings
What are the most durable types of safety shoes?
Here is a selection of models with sturdy, rubber soles which theoretically should last much longer than most, chosen online by SafetyShoesToday:
Those tips should help you to learn how to understand whether your safety shoes need replacement or not
As soon as you choose a pair of durable safety shoes, you will be better protected and you will live a better working experience.
What do you think about this article?
When should safety shoes be replaced? Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!