For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for roof works.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, for your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- 1 Safety shoes for roof works: types of tasks
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for roof works
- 4 Safety shoes for roof works: types of risks
- 5 The main risks of the sector are:
- 6 Safety shoes for roof works: types of protection and required features
- 7 Safety shoes for roof works: required features
Safety shoes for roof works: types of tasks
In this sector one often works outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear suited for the sector of roof works will help you a lot.
But a job of this type doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
- Works on roofs of industrial buildings: for such type of jobs a specific kind of shoes with flat soles is needed (soles of single-density rubber). A sole of that kind grips very well, avoiding falls, and doesn’t melt even on very hot surfaces.
- Maintenance of house roofs: this occupation is similar to the maintenance of the roofs of industrial buildings. A good article of footwear for this job generally is a pair of water-resistant safety shoes (S2 or S3) with a flat sole (there are specific models for the purpose, too). The red color is specifically conceived to avoid staining, and so ruining, roofs. The sole is generally made of single-density rubber or PU/rubber blend, so that it doesn’t melt while working on hot surfaces.
Best “ROOF WORKS SAFETY SHOE” picks by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for roof works
- Carpenter: in this job you have to wear actual safety shoes, as you need protection from accidents, impacts, crushes, bad weather, concrete, ankle sprains and moisture. I strongly suggest the S2 or S3 type, and again, keep in mind there are specific products for “roofers”.
- Inspectors: in this job a pair of safety shoes with no particular features is enough. The most important qualities are comfort, breathability and slip-resistance. Your job may, sometimes, endanger your feet and toes, but a good pair of breathable leather safety shoes with a casual look can be of great help (in this case I suggest an S1 or S1P product).
Best “S2” picks by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for roof works: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the risks that your feet take if you do roof works.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
- You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in the field of roof works, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
What are the risks for your feet? And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
- Wet feet;
- Very slippery floor;
- Impacts of crushes in the toe or ankle area.
Safety shoes for roof works: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for this field should have the following characteristics:
- Water-resistant upper (S2 or S3);
- Protective toecap:
- Puncture-resistant sole;
- Resistance to extreme abrasion.
Moreover, the sole should preferably be of pure rubber or PU/rubber blend, whereas the toecap may be of any material.
Best “S3” picks by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for roof works: required features
- UNI EN ISO 20345: personal protective equipment – Specifications for general purpose safety shoes. This footwear is equipped with a toecap that protects the wearer from impacts and crushes in the toe area. The toecap can withstand forces of 200J and pressure loads of at least 15kN.
- S3 safety shoes. More information about S3 safety shoes here:
- Safety shoes with rubber HRO flat soles for canopies.
Safety shoes for roof works, what do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!