If you are looking for non-metallic safety shoes (also called “Metal-free safety shoes”), then I recommend you keep reading this article.
I will answer the most frequently asked questions about metal-free safety footwear, to help you find the perfect product for you needs!
In what cases should metal-free safety shoes be used?
- If in your job you need get through metal detectors very often
- If in your work in the presence of substances which can corrode metal
- If you wish a high level of electrical insulation
- If you want good heat and cold insulation
For this reasons metal free safety shoes were created
Metal-free safety shoes can be of any category: EH and or SD. What matters is that they don’t have eyelets, zippers, a toecap or a puncture-proof layer made of metal. Those parts must be of plastic or textile.
What are the non-metallic parts?
- The eyelets can be made of plastic material
- The toecap can be of composite material of glass fiber
- The puncture-proof liner can be of textile
Many people asks for metal free safety and work shoes, and that’s for many reasons. It’s a trend, people likes comp toes and in case of having a puncture resistant plate it should be rather textile than steel.
The trend comes from the sport casual shoes, and everybody knows that what happens in sport shoes happens then in safety and work shoes!
What models of metal-free safety shoes should I choose?
These tips should help you to find the perfect model of metal-free safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you choose your perfect pair of metal free safety shoes, you will be better protected and you will live a better working experience.
What do you think about metal free safety shoes?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!