When buying safety footwear you surely look at the features, at the look and then at the size. Have you ever thought about the width of shoes? Do you need narrow, regular or wide safety shoes?
Every foot has its shape and any worker should wear the right safety shoes with the appropriate width. In this article I will talk about wide safety shoes.
There is no legislation on safety footwear to issue manufacturers how to manufacture wide safety shoes. In this article I’ll explain to you something about wide safety shoes, because on the market there are a number of footwear solutions for this purpose. I bet you’ll be surprised by how easy it is to find the product for yourself!
- Do you have narrow feet?
- Do you have wide feet?
- Do you feel that your safety shoes are not really fit for your foot?
- Are you developing blisters because the shoe is too narrow and it scratches your foot?
Well, you definitely need to choose your next pair of safety footwear looking at the width, now I’ll technically explain to you what exists on the market, which technical specifications you have to look for for the perfect wide safety shoes for your needs.
The problem arising from not choosing the safety footwear with the right width:
- if it’s too narrow you can develop blisters
- it’s too narrow it will be impossible to stay a full day with them
- if it’s too narrow you can have blood circulation problems
- if you are diabetic you can have serious circulation problems
- if it’s too wide you can twist your ankle
- if it’s too wide you are not safe
- if it’s too wide the inside materials will last less
You definitely need to check the width of your safety shoes.
Some manufacturers produce their safety footwear in up to 4 different widths per size. If you are able to check by yourself the correct width of your foot, it will be easy for you to find the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
How to measure the width of your feet?
- By experience, if the previous shoe had a width that did not satisfy you, then you should take the next pair of a different width, bigger or smaller depending on your needs
- By measuring the width of your feet (ask for the Brannock device to the store manager!) and then searching the perfect wide safety shoes for your needs.
The widths are based on the measurement of the widest part of your feet, by calculating the distance from the base joint of your big toe to that of your little toe.
Wide safety shoes selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Wide 3E, EEE, 4E, EEEE :
The safety footwear built in different widths has a different upper construction for each width, it is a huge investment for the manufacturer but a big service for the end user.
When you’ll have selected over the many wide safety shoes you will be protected and comfortable at work.
I guarantee that if you use the right wide safety shoes you’ll live a better working experience.
What do you think about wide safety footwear?
Do you have points to add?
Please write your comments below!