For sale there is a wide choice of safety shoes, and at first sight they look all the same. However, there are great differences between the several types. My objective is to show you how to distinguish the safety shoes suited to each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for electrical work.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, to your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- 1 Safety shoes for electrical work: type of job
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for the building sector: maintenance, electricians and installations
- 4 Safety shoes for electrical work: types of risks
- 5 The main risks of the sector are:
- 6 Safety shoes for electrical work: types of protection and required features
- 7 Safety shoes for electrical work: required products
Safety shoes for electrical work: type of job
In this sector one often comes into contact, obviously, with electricity, and often works outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur.
A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear for electrical work will help you a lot.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
- Electrician: for a higher protection it would be better to wear EH polymeric boots with electrical resistance. Many workers of this sector prefer to use simple leather shoes with an EH (Electrical Hazard) marking, having the outsole with electrical isolation. Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind that the best protection comes from polymeric boots or overshoes.
- Machinery maintenance: if there is no risk of electric arc, you just need normal EH safety footwear, the more comfortable the better. That means a good insole and water-resistant leather. When the risk of electric arc is present, a good solution is using EH isolating overshoes.
Best safety boots for electrical works, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes for the building sector: maintenance, electricians and installations
Maintenance of low-voltage installations
- Electricians in the automotive sector: for a higher protection it would be better to wear EH polymeric rain boots with electrical resistance. Many workers of this sector prefer to use simple leather shoes with an EH marking, having an outsole with electrical isolation. Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind that the best protection comes from polymeric rain boots or overshoes.
- Energy installations: usually such installations are placed in open areas, so who works in this field is often exposed to weather conditions. A pair of waterproof WP safety shoes or overshoes with EH electrical isolation, preferably with a rubber sole, will protect the wearer from bad weather.
EH safety shoes selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes for electrical work: types of risks
After seeing a list of the main activities of the field, we are now going to talk about the risks for the feet.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for electrical work for your needs.
You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what properties they should have?
You would like to have a better idea of the various risks that one runs if he works in this environment?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in the sector of electrical work are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
What are the risks for your feet? And what solutions can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
- Wet feet;
- Impacts or crushes on the toe area;
- Very slippery floor;
- Shocks from electric arc.
Safety shoes for electrical work: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for this field should have the following characteristics:
- Water-resistant upper;
- Protective toecap;
- Sole with electrical isolation EH (Electrical Hazard)
Moreover, the sole should isolate from electricity, and the toecap should better be made of non-metallic material.
Safety shoes for electrical work: required products
- ASTM F2314-11 (America) – CSA Z195-14 (Canada)
- More information about the laws related to safety footwear here.
- EH Safety shoes with isolating outsole for electrical work
- EH Polymeric rain boots or overshoes with electrical isolation in the outsole
Best safety rain boots, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety footwear for electrical work, what do you think?
Those were the features that I suggest that you check if you are looking for the perfect article of safety footwear for your work needs.
Once you have chosen the right product for you, you will be much safer at work.
I promise that if you wear the right safety footwear you’ll live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety footwear?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment below!