For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for hospital services.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, for your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- 1 Safety shoes for hospital services: types of tasks
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for hospital services: first-aid and food service
- 4 Safety shoes for hospital services: cleaning services
- 5 Safety shoes for hospital services: types of risks
- 6 The main risks of the sector are:
- 7 Safety shoes for hospital services: types of protection and required features
- 8 Safety shoes for hospital services: required products
Safety shoes for hospital services: types of tasks
In your job you are often standing and moving around the various hospital wards, so the right kind of safety footwear for you needs should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety shoes suited for working in a hospital will be of great help.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
• Physician: usually clogs made of PVC or similar materials are used, which are produced specifically to be washed at 248/266° (steel toe or plain toe). The same products can also be made of EVA, much lighter but not washable at the same temperatures. Some physicians prefer the latter.
• Nurse: the most used types of footwear are clogs, mules or professional leather shoes. In fact, there is no need for a protective toecap, so non-steel toe professional safety shoes are enough to be protected from general risks such as slipping.
Safety shoes for hospital services: first-aid and food service
• First-aider: doing this job can expose you to some risks such as the contact with fluids and liquids; therefore, it is advisable to use waterproof safety footwear with side zippers for a quick on/off, and equipped with reflector stripes for a better visibility at night.
Best waterproof safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
• Food services: if you do this job you often come into direct contact with food, so you should wear waterproof and slip-resistant safety footwear. Normally a steel toe water resistant upper safety shoes are perfect to be adequately protected, but in this case many prefer not to wear safety shoes, but rather plain toe water resistant upper professional shoes.
Safety shoes for hospital services: cleaning services
• Cleaning services: in this job one often gets wet feet, so the use of polymeric boots (rain boots) will protect you from moisture and the risk of bad falls. If you prefer to wear shoes rather than boots then I suggest to get a waterproof pair.
Best safety rain boots, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for hospital services: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the risks that your feet take if you work in the sector of hospital services.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in this sector are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
What are the risks for your feet?
And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
• Extremely slippery floor;
• Liquids contamination;
Safety shoes for hospital services: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear suited for working in a hospital should have the following characteristics:
• Waterproof membrane;
Moreover, the sole can be of any type but ideally made of single-density PU, whereas the protective toecap can be of any material and type.
Safety shoes for hospital services: required products
• PLAIN / SOFT TOE SHOES: occupational shoes (not equipped with a toecap protection)
• Water resistant safety shoes.
Best white safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for hospital services: what do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!