For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for office work and uniforms.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, to your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for the tertiary sector for your needs.
- 1 Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: types of tasks
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: military, flight attendants and security
- 4 Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: types of risks
- 5 Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: types of protection and required features
- 6 Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: required products
Best tactical safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: types of tasks
Despite what you may believe, in this in this type of job you spend plenty of time outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear suited for office work and uniforms will help you a lot.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
- Engineers: they don’t need specific protection, but comfortable and breathable suede leather or textile safety shoes with slip-resistance. In this job your toes may be at risk, but a good article of breathing leather safety footwear with a casual look will make you feel much safer.
- Office work: in offices there is no need for safety shoes, but many employees may need some, due to on-the-field activities or research, or maybe to visiting the production facility. Therefore, it many cases it is necessary to wear safety footwear. If this is your case, you will need to find a comfortable pair, so that you can wear them at the office too, without feeling uneasy. I suggest a suede leather or textile breathable upper product.
Best elegant safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: military, flight attendants and security
- Military and police: normally the essential characteristics are side-zippers, absence of metal parts and a sole made of PU/PU blend, PU/rubber blend or single-density PU. Moreover, comfort is a must, and the color should be dark or black.
- Flight-attendant: standing for long times is surely typical of this job. In general, no toecap protection is needed, so you may use occupational shoes (soft toe) rather than safety shoes (steel toe). A very comfortable sole would be of great help (check the thickness of the inner sole) and avoid backache.
Best soft toe work shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
- Security services: if this is your job you most likely can’t wear footwear with metallic parts, as you will often need to step through metal detectors. Side zippers are much appreciated in this field, so you can put the shoes on and take them off easily.
Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the risks that your feet take if you have an office job or if you work in the military or in the police.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in these sectors, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
- You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in these fields are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
- What are the risks for your feet?
- And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
First, you must protect yourself from slipping and suffering bad falls.
Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for these sectors should have the following characteristics:
- Moreover, a sole of any material is acceptable, though the best is single-density PU.
- The toecap should better be metal-free (glass fiber, carbon fiber, composite materials).
Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: required products
- ASTM F2413-11 (America) – CSA Z195-14 (Canada)
- Steel toe safety shoes. More information about Steel toe safety footwear here;
- Occupational “soft toe” footwear.
Best tactical safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for office work and uniforms: what do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!