For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for the processing of glass.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, for your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- 1 Safety shoes for the processing of glass: types of tasks
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for the processing of glass: melting and transport
- 4 Safety footwear for the processing of glass: glass recycling
- 5 Safety shoes for the processing of glass: types of risks
- 6 The main risks of the sector are:
- 7 Safety footwear for the processing of glass: types of protection and required features
- 8 Safety shoes for the processing of glass: required products
Safety shoes for the processing of glass: types of tasks
Most likely you work in the presence of automated handling systems or other kinds of machines, interconnected as to build production lines.
A good pair of safety shoes for your application should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear suited for glassworks will help you a lot.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
• Glass cutting: the greatest risk is to step on pieces of glass, which could cut you in the feet, so a pair of puncture resistant safety shoes will protect you from such dangers and let you work in total safety.
• Finishing of glass products: if this is your task, the main risk is getting cuts to the sole from glass objects
Best puncture resistant safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes for the processing of glass: melting and transport
• Molten glass: if you don’t have safety footwear specifically conceived for this job, you have to use safety shoes for foundries, to be protected from the contact with molten metals. In fact, in this case regular steel toe safety shoes don’t offer enough protection.
• Transportation of the glass: with this task the risk of getting cut is lower, compared to the ones who work in the production of glass articles. Therefore, a pair of regular safety shoes will be enough.
Best safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety footwear for the processing of glass: glass recycling
• Recycling: also in this activity the risk of suffering cuts from the sole is pretty high, so you should wear puncture resistant footwear.
Safety shoes for the processing of glass: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the risks that your feet take if you work in the sector of glass.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
• You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
• You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in this sector are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
What are the risks for your feet? And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
• Cuts to the sole from sharp objects;
• Extremely slippery floor;
• Impacts or compressions in the toe area.
Safety footwear for the processing of glass: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear suited for working with glass should have the following characteristics:
• Puncture-proof outsoles;
• Protective toecap;
Safety shoes for the processing of glass: required products
• Steel toe Safety shoes.
• Sturdy and puncture resistant plate Safety shoes.
Safety shoes for the processing of glass, what do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!