For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for the tertiary sector.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, to your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for the tertiary sector for your needs.
- 1 Safety Shoes for the tertiary Sector: type of task
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: sales staff and transport operators
- 4 Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: couriers
- 5 Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: types of risks
- 6 The main risks of the sector are:
- 7 Types of protection and required characteristics
- 8 Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: recommended products
Safety Shoes for the tertiary Sector: type of task
In this sector one often works outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear suited for the tertiary sector will help you a lot.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
- Warehouses: if you work in a warehouse you need comfortable and breathable safety shoes. Normally no additional protection, such as water resistance, is needed (a suede leather or textile upper product is advised), but it would be preferable if your shoes were equipped with a protective toecap, in order to protect your feet from scratching, impacts and crushes.
- Loading and unloading: for this activity you need good safety toe footwear with good slip-resistance and equipped with a comfortable outsole and insole.
Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: sales staff and transport operators
- Transport operators: in this kind of activity slipping can occur, and a good solution to avoid that is a good slip-resistant outsole. The outsole should also be resistant to water and salt, so it would be preferable if it was made of rubber (ideally single-density rubber). Full-grain leather is ok, but the best material for the upper is microfiber.
- Sales staff: even if you don’t necessarily need the protection of a toecap, if you are a salesman in industrial sectors it is compulsory that you wear safety shoes. I recommend a good article of breathable safety footwear, which will protect you but will also let your feet breathe.
Best slip resistant safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: couriers
- Courieres: you drive all day and you get in and out the truck several times during a single day. You need safety shoes with a soft, flexible sole to help you drive comfortably (I recommend a puncture resistant product). Moreover, the sole should be made of some good material, to provide stability when you jump off the truck. Finally, good insoles are advisable, to absorb impacts in the heel area (check the thickness of the heel).
Best puncture resistant safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the risks that your feet take if you work in the tertiary sector.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
- You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in the tertiary sector are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
- What are the risks for your feet?
- And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
- Extremely slippery floor;
- Wet feet;
- Impacts or crushes in the area of the toes or the ankles.
Types of protection and required characteristics
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for this field should have the following characteristics:
Moreover, the sole should preferably not be of single-density PU (any other material will do), whereas the toecap can be of any material.
Safety shoes for the tertiary sector: recommended products
- ASTM F2413-11 (America) – CSA Z195-14 (Canada)
- Safety footwear. More information about safety footwear here.
What do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!