For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for truck drivers.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, to your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your job as a trucker.
- 1 Safety shoes for truck drivers: types of tasks
- 2 The main branches of the sector are:
- 3 Safety shoes for truckers: truck drivers in the construction and waste sectors
- 4 Safety shoes for truck drivers: types of risks
- 5 If you are a truck driver the main risks your feet may take are:
- 6 Safety shoes for truck drivers: types of protection and required features
- 7 Safety shoes for truck drivers: recommended products
Safety shoes for truck drivers: types of tasks
In this sector one often works outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear suited for the work of a truck driver will help you a lot.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
Best steel toe picks by SafetyShoesToday
The main branches of the sector are:
• Logistics in the food sector: in this branch there is the risk of heavy objects, like crates or hand pallet trucks, falling on your feet. Other important risks are slipping and getting wet feet. You will need water-resistant upper safety footwear, with a good slip-resistant outsole and high levels of comfort, because you will be driving often (so shoes are better than boots in this job).
• Courier: you drive all the time and get in and out the truck several times throughout the day. You need low shoes with a flexible outsole (of PU/PU or PU/TPU), that will help you drive comfortably. Slip-resistance is also a must, to provide stability when you jump off the truck. Finally, good and comfortable insoles are highly recommended, to absorb impacts in the heel area (check the thickness of the rear part of the insole).
Safety shoes for truckers: truck drivers in the construction and waste sectors
• Truck drivers in the construction sector: if your truck is loaded with building materials you will need water-resistant safety footwear with a good toecap, ideally of steel. Your footwear should have a flexible sole to make driving more comfortable (PU/PU or PU/TPU are the best materials).
• Truck drivers in the waste sector: if this is your job, the main risks for you are slipping and impacts in the toe area. You will need water-resistant safety toe footwear with a good slip-resistant outsole. Comfort is also a must. A very flexible outsole could make driving more comfortable (PU/PU and PU/TPU are the best materials in this case too).
Best PU/TPU outsole safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for truck drivers: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the biggest risks for the feet of a truck driver.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
• You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what properties they should have?
• You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a truck driver are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
- What are the risks for your feet?
- And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
If you are a truck driver the main risks your feet may take are:
• Very slippery ground;
• Low visibility;
• Wet feet;
• Impacts or crushes in the toe or ankle area.
Safety shoes for truck drivers: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for this field should have the following characteristics:
Moreover, the outsole can be made of any material except single-density PU, whereas any type of toecap is ok.
Safety shoes for truck drivers: recommended products
- ASTM F2413-11 (America) – CSA Z195-14 (Canada)
- Steel toe safety shoes. More information about Steel toe safety shoes here
Best comp toe picks by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for truck drivers: what do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!