On the market there is a wide choice of safety shoes, and at first sight they look all the same, although there are actually great differences among the various types. In this article my goal is to give you some advice about the best safety shoes against sesamoiditis. Sesamoiditis is a painful condition that affects the area of the sole of the foot where two small sesamoid bones are present. These bones, often subjected to excessive stress, can become inflamed causing pain and difficulty in walking. Workers who perform activities that require repetitive foot movements, such as dancers or runners, are particularly susceptible to this condition. To prevent or relieve the symptoms of sesamoiditis, it is important to choose the best shoes for sesamoiditis, which provide adequate cushioning and support in the area of the sesamoid bones. Such shoes are able to relieve pressure on the bones during walking, providing greater comfort to the foot. I will try to give you an idea of what problems can be avoided by using the right kind of safety shoes.
I am sure this article will be a big help to you so that you will be able to choose the perfect pair of safety shoes for your problem.
- 1 Sesamoiditis causes
- 2 Sesamoiditis symptoms
- 3 Best shoes for sesamoiditis: recommended products
Sesamoiditis is an inflammation of the sesamoid bones, which are small bones located under the first head of the metatarsus. People suffering from this sickness experience pain and inability to put their weight on that part of the foot, especially when wearing rigid footwear or in jobs where you have to continuously step on and off stairs, machines and vehicles. Fractures of such bones can also happen.
Most bones of the human body are connected both to each other and to articulations and tendons, but there are a few bones which aren’t connected to any other bone, only attached to tendons: those are the sesamoids. The kneecap, for instance, is the biggest sesamoid. There are two very small sesamoids in the foot, (they’re the size of a piece of corn), situated in the lower part of the forefoot, close to the big toe; one is on the outer part of the foot, and the other closer to the center.
Sesamoiditis is a painful condition that occurs under the big toe, on the sole of the foot. The main symptoms of sesamoiditis are pain, which may or may not be accompanied by swelling and bruising, and difficulty moving the big toe. This condition can be very disabling for workers who have to stand for many hours during the day. To prevent or relieve the symptoms of sesamoiditis, it is essential to wear the best shoes for sesamoiditis for this condition. These shoes have a shape and structure that help evenly distribute body weight and absorb shock, thus reducing pressure on the sesamoids. They also provide adequate support for the arch of the foot, improving posture and reducing stress on the tissues of the feet.
Best shoes for sesamoiditis: recommended products
I suggest you buy safety shoes with the following features:
- the soles of your safety footwear should be flexible, at best single-density PU, PU/PU or PU/TPU
- if you need heat resistant soles (that are soles resistant to the contact with hot surfaces) EVA/rubber and PU/rubber are acceptable materials, too;
- avoid soles of single-density rubber, especially footwear with tank soles, glued or sewn;
- if you need puncture-proof soles it’s better you get a model with protective plates of textile, rather than steel, for a better flexibility;
- the most flexible shoes are those made of soft materials such as suede or knitted and crocheted fabrics;
- the soles should also have good shock absorption, like those of the modern sport-safety shoes;
- gel insoles are a great help, they provide great shock absorption in the metatarsal area of the foot, where the sesamoids are.
- Safety shoes with tight or low toecaps, tight or pointy shoes and footwear of rigid materials (especially in the area of the toecap) are in general not recommended; you should choose shoes with wide toecaps and of soft materials, in order to reduce the friction of the skin.
Best PU/PU outsole safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Best PU/RUBBER outsole safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Best sport and comfortable safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Best accessories for an additional arch support, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes against sesamoiditis: Conclusions
Those tips will help you to find the perfect type of safety shoes against sesamoiditis.
As soon as you learn the ropes and you get the right safety shoes against sesamoiditis for your needs, you will experience better comfort at work.
I assure you that if you wear the right type of safety shoes against sesamoiditis you will live a better work experience.
What’s your opinion on the subject?
Safety shoes against sesamoiditis. Do you have anything to add?
Leave us a comment below!
This is the article which I was looking for, this is going to help me out with my confusion really well. Nice piece of Information. Your blog is an awesome platform for the people who want the best info about sesamoiditis. Thanks and very well written.
Thank you Edward for your comment and thanks for reading https://www.safetyshoestoday.com
I would appreciate if you subscribe to our newsletter.