On the market there is a wide choice of safety shoes, and at first sight they look all the same, although there are actually great differences among the various types. In this article my goal is to give you some advice about the best work shoes for heel pain.
I will try to give you an idea of what problems can be avoided by using the right kind of safety shoes.
I am sure this article will be a big help to you so that you will be able to choose the perfect pair of safety shoes for your heel problem.
Heel pain causes and symptomes
Heel pain is often caused by plantar fasciitis, a rather painful condition. There are also other possible causes, like previous fractures, tendonitis, arthritis and nerves irritation/inflammation.
Because several possible causes exist, it is important that the condition is diagnosed correctly. A podiatrist can distinguish the different diseases and determine the source of pain.
Once the cause of heel pain is identified, treatment may vary depending on the severity of the condition. In some cases, rest and application of ice may be sufficient to relieve the pain. In other cases, it may be necessary to use orthotics or orthotics to reduce pressure on the plantar fascia or irritated nerves. In addition, exercise may be helpful to maintain flexibility of the leg and foot muscles, reduce joint stiffness, and improve blood circulation. In some more severe cases, surgery may be necessary to address the root of the problem. Therefore, it is important to consult a physician or podiatrist if you experience heel pain to determine the cause and appropriate treatment for your specific case.
Bottom of heel pain: the most common symptoms are
- Pain in the heel
- Inflammation of the arch of the foot
- The pain usually gets worse in time
- The pain normally gets worse in few months
- It hurts especially if you stand for hours in the same positions (like in some jobs)
Best work shoes for heel pain: guidance for purchasing
Heel pain is often the symptom of an acute inflammation, which, if left untreated, can develop into a fasciitis (a much more serious disease). Plantar fasciitis leads to the degeneration of the plantar fascia, and causes pain in the heel and, sometimes, also in the sole of the foot.
Many people suffer from heel pain, but luckily we can give you some advice for buying the perfect pair of safety shoes which can relieve the symptoms:
- using a good insole is one of the best solutions;
- in particular, I recommend insoles that are ticker in the heel area, because that causes the foot to slightly lean forward, so reducing the stress on the heel;
- the soles should be soft: I recommend soles of single-density PU;
- avoid flat shoes, and shoes with thin soles, because they provide little shock absorption;
- moreover, it is wise to own more than one pair of safety shoes and to rotate them, so you won’t make the inflammation worse; even when you’re not working, it’s always better not to wear always the same pair of shoes, and remember to avoid flat shoes;
- shock-absorbing gel insoles are a good product; there are also sport shoes with gel soles;
- Your safety shoes must always be fastened well, otherwise the sole can’t bend along with the foot’s movement, which prevents it from reducing the stress on the heel and the arch. This can lead to a strain of the fascia, so tie your shoes well!
Tallonitis is one of the most common symptoms, especially among workers who stand all day. The ideal, if your problem is really insistent, is to make a specialist doctor visit and you will probably have to do an x-ray of the foot to see if you are in front of a bone calcification. In many cases tallonitis is associated with plantar fasciitis as a result of widespread inflammation in the foot. For this reason, I recommend contacting a specialist if the problem is serious enough.
In all other cases the standard advice I give to all customers is to try to buy the safety shoes by taking great care in choosing the comfort insole, which must have a cushion shape in the heel part to allow for some cushioning , moreover avoid the safety shoes with flat soles; and finally an atypical advice that I always give, have more than one pair of safety shoes and make them rotate, use a different type every day, it is a small trick that those who suffer from this problematic use.
Best accessories for heel relief, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Best sport and comfortable safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes against heel pain: Conclusions
Those tips will help you to find the perfect type of safety shoes for your problem.
As soon as you learn the ropes and you get the right safety footwear for your needs, you will experience better comfort at work.
I assure you that if you wear the right type of safety footwear you will live a better work experience.
What’s your opinion on the subject?
Best work shoe for heel pain. Do you have anything to add?
Leave us a comment below!