On the market there is a wide choice of safety shoes, and at first sight they look all the same, although there are actually great differences among the various types. In this article my goal is to give you some advice about the best safety shoes for big feet.
I will try to give you an idea of what problems can be avoided by using the right kind of safety shoes.
I am sure this article will be a big help to you so that you will be able to choose the perfect pair of safety shoes for big feet.
This problem is a common one for people who:
- are bigger than the average. It can be pretty difficult for them to find the right size of safety shoes, and often they end up buying a pair which seems to fit perfectly, but later they suffer from pain in the toes due to the constant friction against the protective toecap
- have feet bigger than the average. In this case some potential consequences can be bad breathing of the skin, skin cracks due to the pressure, blisters, and calluses which can become irritated and cause you to limp.
- Often persons with this peculiarity have a feeling of tightness and bad blood circulation in their feet.
Big feet and safety shoes
If you have big feet it can be a real challenge to find safety shoes having all the features you need. Those who have big feet have that feeling of tightness with almost any shoes, and finding a model with the perfect fit may require an accurate and extensive search. I suggest that you use this article as a guide to make your search easier and to finally get yourself a pair of protective and comfortable safety shoes.
The experts recommend that you measure your feet at least once per year. The size of the feet can vary considerably in time, due to several reasons, including weight gain or loss, and aging.
Safety shoes for big feet: recommended products
Your safety shoes for big feet should have the following characteristics:
- There are some manufacturers that produce their safety shoes in two, three or four different widths, from narrow to extra wide;
- A quick and handy locking system, such as the Boa System or Velcro, so you can adjust your shoes anytime you like, even during work;
- There are models which are available in many different sizes and they are, obviously, recommended;
- I wouldn’t recommend safety shoes with a too casual look, because they could be too tight. On the contrary, you should look for safety shoes with large protective toecaps;
- The largest toecaps are normally those of glass fiber or of composite materials;
- Your safety shoes for big feet should be made of very soft leather or textile, in order to reduce the friction of the skin against the shoes.
Best wide and extra wide safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Best safety shoes in extra sizes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes for big feet: Conclusion
Those tips will help you to find the perfect type of safety shoes.
As soon as you learn the ropes and you get the right safety shoes for your needs, you will experience better comfort at work.
I assure you that if you wear the right type of safety footwear you will live a better work experience.
What do you think of this article about safety shoes for big feet?
Do you have anything to add?
Leave us a comment below!