On the market there is a wide choice of Safety Shoes. At a first sight they may look all the same to you, but there are actually big differences between different types. For this reason my goal is to teach you how to distinguish the various kinds of safety shoes according to the different work environments. In this article, more specifically, I’ll talk about Fishing Safety Shoes.
Here I will try to give you an insight of what kind of Safety Shoes are befitted for the place you work, and for your needs in general.
Of course it is not easy to make an accurate list of all types of risks related to your working situation, but the following are the most common.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the type of Fishing Safety Shoes that best fits your needs.
Fishing Safety Shoes : types of job
In a job like yours, you spend a lot of time outdoors. Winter, Summer, cold, hot, rain: every type of weather situation may occur.
The right Safety Shoes for your job must protect your feet, but at the same time they must let them breathe, so a good article of water-proof Fishing Safety Shoes is what you are looking for.
But there are many types of jobs one can have in this field, each with its typical risks. Therefore, you will have to choose different types of Fishing Safety Footwear accordingly.
Let’s see the risks related to each type of job:
- Fishers: if you are a fisher you will have two major problems: water and salt. Water can seep in, and wearing footwear for hours with wet feet is very uncomfortable, so it is advisable to get yourself some water resistant safety footwear, even better if it is Waterproof. Salt is one of the worst factors to deal with, as it quickly deteriorates footwear, so the best solution is a rubber sole and non-metallic components, to avoid rust. The best kind of footwear for this purpose are water resistant metal-free shoes with rubber sole.
- Drivers carrying fish: if you deliver fish you need slip-resistant, water-proof safety footwear that won’t be degraded by salt. Metal free shoes are advisable to avoid the rusting of parts like eyelets, loops, zippers.
Best waterproof safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Fishing Safety Footwear: fish loading, unloading and cleaning
- Loading and Unloading of fish: normally only water-proof water resistant safety footwear is needed, best with a good anti-slip sole. However, polymeric rain boots are a very good choice for the top protection from saltwater.
- Fish cleaning: people who do this job often get wet feet. That’s why I recommend the use of polymeric slip resistant rain boots, to protect yourself from moisture and from possible bad falls. If you prefer to use shoes rather than boots, they should at least be water-proof footwear. I also recommend a salt- and water-resistant sole: one made of rubber is the best option.
Best safety rubber boots, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Fishing safety shoes: cleaning service
- Cleaning service: cleaners often get wet feet. If you are a cleaner you should get yourself some slip resistant polymeric rain boots, in order to protect your feet from moisture and bad falls. If you prefer to use regular shoes, you should still use water-proof ones. Moreover, it’s advisable to wear footwear with a good water- and salt-resistant sole, so a rubber sole is your best option.
Fishing safety shoes: types of risks
After having had a look at the complete list of the most common jobs in the fishing sector, it is essential to analyze a list of risks your feet can incur if you work in this field.
Just like only the most common jobs were listed above, it is not possible to include all the risks one can incur working in the fishing sector, but the following are the major ones. I am sure this will help you to find the perfect pair of fishing safety shoes for your needs.
- You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
- You would like to have a clearer picture of the different work-related risks?
Now I am gonna show you what risks most characterize this line of work, to help you choose the right type of safety footwear for your job.
What kind of risks do your feet incur? What solutions can be found in the market?
In the fishing sector you could incur the following risks:
- soaking wet feet;
- crashes and compressions in the toe area;
- slippery ground/floor;
Fishing safety footwear: type of features and protection needed
Almost every type of footwear has variations that offer long-lasting safety in specific circumstances; in this case, a good pair of fishing safety shoes should be equipped with:
- Water-resistant upper;
- Protective toecap
- Waterproof membrane, optional but preferred;
- Slip resistance
Also, the sole should be made of rubber and the protective toecap can be of any material which does not contain any metal (glass fibre, composite materials).
A metal-free product is highly advisable to avoid rusting.
Fishing Safety Shoes: recommended products
- Waterproof Safety Footwear
Learn more about waterproof safety shoes here
- polymeric rain boots
Fishing safety shoes: what do you think?
Those were the features I suggest that you check when you look for the right pair of fishing safety shoes for your needs.
Once you have chosen the right product, you will be much safer and comfortable at work.
I guarantee you that if you get the right safety footwear, working will become a better experience for you!
What do you think about this kind of safety footwear?
Do you have any points to add?
Leave us a comment below!