For sale there is a wide choice of safety shoes, and at first sight they look all the same. However, there are great differences between the several types. My objective is to show you how to distinguish the safety shoes suited to each work environment. The job of an electrician is one of the most challenging and dangerous in the world, as electricians are exposed to hazards such as electric shocks, fires, explosions and falls. For this very reason, there are very strict regulations regarding safety clothing for electricians, which must be able to protect the worker from these hazards. Safety shoes for electrical work must comply with specific safety regulations and have an insulating sole that can protect the worker from any electrical discharges. In addition, these shoes must be non-slip, puncture and chemical resistant, and provide good grip and adequate stability to prevent falls. It is important to wear these shoes to ensure maximum safety during electrical work, reducing the risk of accidents and injuries. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for electrical work.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, to your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- 1 Safety shoes for electrical work: type of job
- 2 The main jobs of the sector are:
- 3 Best shoes for electricians, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
- 4 Best work shoes for electricians: maintenance, electricians and installations
- 5 Safety shoes for electrical work: types of risks
- 6 The main risks of the sector are:
- 7 Best safety shoes for electricians: types of protection and required features
- 8 Shoes for electricians: required products
Safety shoes for electrical work: type of job
In this sector one often comes into contact, obviously, with electricity, and often works outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur.
A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear for electrical work will help you a lot.
But a job in this sector doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
- Electrician: for a higher protection it would be better to wear EH polymeric boots with electrical resistance. Many workers of this sector prefer to use simple leather shoes with an EH (Electrical Hazard) marking, having the outsole with electrical isolation. Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind that the best protection comes from polymeric boots or overshoes.
- Machinery maintenance: if there is no risk of electric arc, you just need normal EH safety footwear, the more comfortable the better. That means a good insole and water-resistant leather. When the risk of electric arc is present, a good solution is using EH isolating overshoes.
Best shoes for electricians, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Best work shoes for electricians: maintenance, electricians and installations
Maintenance of low-voltage installations
- Electricians in the automotive sector: for a higher protection it would be better to wear EH polymeric rain boots with electrical resistance. Many workers of this sector prefer to use simple leather shoes with an EH marking, having an outsole with electrical isolation. Nevertheless, it is important to keep in mind that the best protection comes from polymeric rain boots or overshoes.
- Energy installations: usually such installations are placed in open areas, so who works in this field is often exposed to weather conditions. A pair of waterproof WP safety shoes or overshoes with EH electrical isolation, preferably with a rubber sole, will protect the wearer from bad weather.
EH safety shoes selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety shoes for electrical work: types of risks
After seeing a list of the main activities of the field, we are now going to talk about the risks for the feet.
The work of an electrician involves many hazards, such as the risk of electric shock, fire, explosion, and falls. In addition, electricians often work in confined spaces or at high altitudes, and must handle heavy and bulky equipment. For these reasons, it is critical that electricians always wear specific safety shoes for electrical work, which provide adequate protection against these hazards. These shoes are designed to resist punctures, abrasions and chemicals, and they have an insulating sole that can protect the worker from electrical discharges. In addition, these shoes provide good grip and stability to prevent falls, making them essential for the safety of electricians during their work.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for electrical work for your needs.
You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what properties they should have?
You would like to have a better idea of the various risks that one runs if he works in this environment?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in the sector of electrical work are, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
What are the risks for your feet? And what solutions can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
- Wet feet;
- Impacts or crushes on the toe area;
- Very slippery floor;
- Shocks from electric arc.
Best safety shoes for electricians: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for this field should have the following characteristics:
- Water-resistant upper;
- Protective toecap;
- Sole with electrical isolation EH (Electrical Hazard)
Moreover, the sole should isolate from electricity, and the toecap should better be made of non-metallic material.
Shoes for electricians: required products
- ASTM F2314-11 (America) – CSA Z195-14 (Canada)
- More information about the laws related to safety footwear here.
- EH Safety shoes with isolating outsole for electrical work
- EH Polymeric rain boots or overshoes with electrical isolation in the outsole
Best safety rain boots, selected by SafetyShoesToday:
Safety footwear for electrical work, what do you think?
Those were the features that I suggest that you check if you are looking for the perfect article of safety footwear for your work needs.
Once you have chosen the right product for you, you will be much safer at work.
I promise that if you wear the right safety footwear you’ll live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety footwear?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment below!