For sale there is a wide choice of safety footwear, and at first sight all products look the same. However, there are great differences between different types.
Working on roofs is an activity that always involves great safety risks for workers. Some of the main risks faced by rooftop workers include:
- Falls from heights
- Slips on slippery or wet roofs
- Injuries caused by falling objects
Injuries to toes or ankles due to impact or crushing. To avoid these hazards and ensure maximum safety at work, it is essential that workers always wear appropriate shoes for working on roofs that provide maximum. My goal is to teach you how to distinguish the correct genre of safety shoes for each work environment. To be more precise, in this article I will talk about safety shoes for roof works.
I will try to give you an idea of what type of safety shoes is the most appropriate for your workplace and, in general, for your needs.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks, but those that follow are the most important.
I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
Shoes for working on roofs: types of tasks
In this sector one often works outdoors. Winter, summer, cold, hot, rain: any weather condition can occur. A good pair of safety shoes should protect your feet, but at the same time it should let them breathe, so that a good article of safety footwear suited for the sector of roof works will help you a lot.
But a job of this type doesn’t involve a single task. Therefore, the risks are different according to the activity you perform, and so do the type of safety footwear you should wear.
The main jobs of the sector are:
- Works on roofs of industrial buildings: for such type of jobs a specific kind of shoes with flat soles is needed (soles of single-density rubber). A sole of that kind grips very well, avoiding falls, and doesn’t melt even on very hot surfaces.
- Maintenance of house roofs: this occupation is similar to the maintenance of the roofs of industrial buildings. A good article of footwear for this job generally is a pair of water-resistant safety toe shoes with a flat sole (there are specific models for the purpose, too). The red color is specifically conceived to avoid staining, and so ruining, roofs. The sole is generally made of single-density rubber or PU/rubber blend, so that it doesn’t melt while working on hot surfaces.
Best shoes for working on a roof, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Best shoes for working on roof
- Carpenter: in this job you have to wear actual safety shoes, as you need protection from accidents, impacts, crushes, bad weather, concrete, ankle sprains and moisture. I strongly suggest the steel toe and puncture resistant type, and again, keep in mind there are specific products for “roofers”.
Best rubber outsole safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
- Inspectors: in this job a pair of safety shoes with no particular features is enough. The most important qualities are comfort, breathability and slip-resistance. Your job may, sometimes, endanger your feet and toes, but a good pair of breathable leather safety shoes with a casual look can be of great help (in this case I suggest a suede leather or textile upper product).
Best elegant safety shoes, selected by SafetyShoesToday
Safety shoes for roof works: types of risks
After having seen a list of the main activities in this field, let’s now talk about the risks that your feet take if you do roof works.
Of course it is not possible to list all the potential risks of a job in this sector, but the following are the most common. I am sure that this article will help you to choose the perfect type of safety shoes for your needs.
- You must buy safety shoes to work, but you don’t know what features they should have?
- You wish you had a clearer idea of the risks that you take every day in your job?
Now I am going to show you what the main risks for a worker in the field of roof works, to help you choose the perfect safety shoes for your needs.
What are the risks for your feet? And what are the solutions that can be found for sale?
The main risks of the sector are:
Workers on rooftops are exposed to various hazards that can compromise their occupational safety and health. In particular, the most common risks are:
- Wet feet: working on roofs can involve contact with water and thus the risk of getting feet wet, thus increasing the possibility of developing skin diseases and causing discomfort while working.
- Very slippery floor: roofs are usually covered with materials that make them very slippery, such as asphalt or shingles. This increases the risk of falls and slips, which can lead to serious injuries.
- Crushing impacts: while working on roofs, it is possible to have accidents in which toes or ankles are crushed or struck by heavy objects. This can cause injuries, fractures or even amputations.
To prevent these risks, it is critical that workers on rooftops always wear the right sshoes for working on roofs. These shoes should be designed to protect feet from falls, pressure and crushing impacts, but also to provide a firm grip on slippery surfaces. Wearing shoes suitable for working on roofs is a must for every worker and is an important investment in their safety and health.
Best shoes for working on roofs: types of protection and required features
Almost every shoe type has versions that offer long-lasting protection. In this case, a valid article of safety footwear for this field should have the following characteristics:
Moreover, the sole should preferably be of pure rubber or PU/rubber blend, whereas the toecap may be of any material.
Safety shoes for roof works: required features
- ASTM F2413-11 (America) – CSA Z195-14 (Canada)
- Steel toe safety shoes. More information about Steel toe safety shoes here:
- Safety shoes with rubber heat resistant flat soles for canopies.
Safety shoes for roof works, what do you think?
These are the features that I recommend that you check if you are looking for the perfect pair of safety shoes for your needs.
As soon as you get yourself the right product, you will be much safer at work.
I guarantee that if you wear the right type of safety footwear, you will live a better work experience!
What do you think about this type of safety shoes?
Do you have points to add?
Leave us a comment!